Toucan’s Gulf Front Restaurant, Mexico Beach, FL
PLEASE READ THIS LETTER FROM JOHN ROEBUCK AUCTIONS!
TOUCAN’S GULF FRONT RESTAURANT
This stretch of the coast is often referred to as the Forgotten Coast since it is an unspoiled stretch of paradise that was “forgotten” during the period when much of Northern Florida’s coastline was developed, and subsequently over-developed. Mexico Beach, the crowning jewel of this stretch of paradise, is a treasure thanks to the preservation of the sugar white beaches, pristine bays, barrier islands and unobstructed views of the entire coastline.
Toucan’s remains the premier gulf front restaurant along the coastline making this well-established restaurant an ideal investment opportunity. Indoor and outdoor seating make Toucan’s THE place to go for tourists and locals alike year-round. With beach chairs, volleyball courts, a playground, pool tables and live entertainment, Toucan’s is not only a restaurant; but also a destination within itself. People spend the entire day snacking, drinking and enjoying all that this treasure has to offer and with a gift shop that encompasses over 1,000 square feet, everyone takes a piece of the fun home too!
- Unique opportunity to own an established gulf front restaurant & bar in Mexico Beach, FL
- Toucan’s Restaurant established 1987
- Casual beach front dining with live bands
- Toucan’s name and logo are conveyed with sale
- Restaurant seating capacity per code: 315
- Total seating capacity including outdoor seating and waiting area: 550
- 165’ ± of gulf frontage
- Mexico Beach city zoning
- Building has 3 levels
- Restaurant consist of two levels of dining
- Gift shop (1,100 sq. ft. ±)
- 2,200 sq. ft. ± private residence on third level
- Indoor & outdoor waiting area
- Handicap accessible
- 5,000 ± sq. ft. Tiki Bar & Pavilion with band stage
- Gas fireplace
- 14 tons of central heating & air for dining areas
- 2 levels of covered outdoor dining
- Metal and shingle roof
TOUCAN’S INVENTORY LIST: Many items have been upgraded
1. 3 Prep Coolers
2. 2 Two door under-counter freezers
3. Several Stainless steel prep tables
4. Steam Table
5. 4 Fryers
6. 2 ( 4ft.) chargrills
7. 2 Convection Ovens
8. 6 Burner gas stove w/ griddle
10. Slide Door Cooler
11. 4 Salad Prep Coolers
12. 3 Walk in coolers
13. 4 ice machines
14. Alto Sham
15. Stand-up Cooler
16. 6 drawer Bread Warmer
17. Salad Machine
18. 3 Large Capacity Ice Machines
19. Cash Register Computer System
20. Beeper System for waiting patrons
21. All Silverware, Glassware and utensils
22. Dishwashing Machine / Coffee Machines / Drink Machines (contracted)
23. All built-ins, fixtures, attached items, tables, chairs, booths and barstools convey
- 12,500 sq. ft. ± Under Roof
- 1,300 sq. ft. ± Kitchen Area
- 1,100 sq. ft. ± Gift Shop
- 2,200 sq. ft. ± 2BR / 2BA Private Residence above the Restaurant w/ 1,050 sq. ft. Deck
- 5,000 sq. ft. ± Outdoor Tiki Bar and Pavilion with Bandstage
- Additional vacant parcels that convey with the sale of the restaurant are approximately .50 acres ±
- Total Seating Capacity of Toucans is: 550
- Interior Seating capacity according to DBPR is 315
- The total Parcel(s) that make up Toucan’s is 165’ X 80’ ±
- Waterfront frontage is: 165’ ±
From Panama City, FL, go east on Hwy 98 past Tyndall Air Force base to Mexico Beach, FL. Toucan’s will be located on the right.
BROKER PARTICIPATION:If you are a Broker and wish to represent a client at this Auction, please click the link below and fill out the Broker Participation Form in its entirety. If you have any questions, please contact John Roebuck at 901.763.2825 or 888.763.2825
The property is being offered for sale by the sellers. JDR AUCTION SERVICES OF FLORIDA LLC A LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY, DBA JOHN ROEBUCK AUCTIONS (JRA) the broker and auctioneer, is soliciting written offers to purchase the property.
You should thoroughly review all the Terms and Conditions in this document and all of the property information that is presented. Additionally, it is critical that you conduct your own due diligence prior to placing your offer.
Property for Sale
This asset sale consists of Toucan’s Restaurant & Upper Deck Lounge with Two Vacant Lots as specified in this Property Information Package and on our website at www.johnroebuckauctions.com.
Property Condition, Contingencies, and Seller Warranty
The properties are being sold “as is, where is” with no contingencies on closing, such as financing. The only warranty given by the sellers is “good merchantable title.” Properties shall be conveyed without any liens or encumbrances other than those for easements for utility companies, highway easements, public right of way easements, etc. as shown in the public records. Buyers may, at their expense, have a new survey performed prior to closing.
Real Estate Sales Contract
The 10% Deposit is non-refundable once your offer has been accepted. If there is any conflict between the Terms and Conditions and the Real Estate Sales Contract, the Real Estate Sales Contract shall prevail.
Buyer’s Premium and Total Purchase Price
A Buyer’s Premium of 10% shall be added to your offer amount to determine the Total Purchase Price to be accepted.
Title Insurance and Closing
The seller is responsible for providing “good, merchantable, clear title.” Title Insurance shall be available and shall be paid for by the buyer. Title insurance is recommended. All other closing costs shall be born equally by the sellers and the buyer(s). Closing shall occur within forty-five (45) days from the time all parties have signed the agreement. Closing will take place at the offices of:
Burke Blue Hutchison Walters & Smith, P.A.
Doug Smith, Esq.
221 McKenzie Ave.
Panama City, FL 32401
All information contained in any documents included in the Property Information Package and any Financial Data is confidential and shall be kept confidential by each prospective Buyer, the Buyer(s), and any other parties receiving or reviewing the information.
JDR Auction Services of Florida LLC dba John Roebuck Auctions (JRA) or acting as exclusive auctioneers and agents for the sellers.
The following are Terms and Conditions of the Sale. Please review and if there is any item that you do not understand, please call John at 850-654-6000.
• The property is being sold subject to the Sellers confirming the sale.
• A Buyer’s Premium of 10% shall be added to the accepted offer amount to determine the Total Purchase Price to be accepted.
• The Buyer will pay a 10% Deposit that is non-refundable once your offer has been accepted and both parties have signed the sales contract. A sample of the sales contract is in your Property Information Package for you to review beforehand. Closing shall occur with forty-five (45) days from the time all parties have signed the sales contract.
• Title insurance is available at the expense of the Purchaser. Taxes will be prorated as of the closing date, and the buyer will pay their closing costs and the sellers will pay their part.
• All property is being sold “As Is / Where Is”. The only guarantee from the seller is a valid, good and marketable title to the property. Neither the seller nor John Roebuck Auctions or any of its employees are giving any warranties other than the seller’s title warranty. The property is being sold subject to all easements, covenants, conditions, zoning, and any other existing matters.
• John Roebuck Auctions (JRA) is acting exclusively for the seller as auctioneer and broker.
• The property will not be sold with contingencies in the contract(s) including any financing contingency.
• The information included herein is a summary of information available from a variety of sources including the seller, most of which have not been independently verified. This summary has been provided for the use of the prospective buyers.
• All information and opinions are supplied herein without any warranties or representations; either expressed or implied whatsoever from John Roebuck Auctions (JRA), the sellers, or any of their respective representatives, agents, or employees.